Make a meaningful impact by working directly with government to solve their most critical internal challenges.
Happy & Healthy
Stay healthy and productive with a benefits plan that covers you and your family.
We believe in work and play. Take a break and connect with the team during monthly activities.
Take time to re-energize and come back inspired and ready to work.
Full-Stack Software Engineer
Esper is creating the system of record for public policy to improve transparency and data in the public sector. We’re looking for experienced full-stack software engineers to join our team and help us scale our product. As an early team member, you can expect to contribute through:
- Creative data integration and analysis - Develop cutting-edge data ingestion and analysis systems, employ NLP and ML to extract information from unstructured and disparate data sources
- Interactive Design - Build a product that distills complex workflows into clear and clean points of interaction
- Data Visualization - Communicate layers of qualitative and quantitative data in a user-friendly way
- Rapid Iteration - We move quickly! Keep an exciting development pace through quick sprints and feedback loops
- Technology Decisions - Play a critical role in shaping both the product and underlying technologies
- Experience with Natural Language Processing and analysis of unstructured documents
- Worked with public sector clients
- Early-startup and/or entrepreneurial experience
Esper is a tech startup that makes public policy more accountable to citizens and business owners. We work directly with government to boost data and transparency in the policymaking process. As our first Program Manager, you are the key point of contact with customers after the contract is finalized. You are an exceptional self-starter excited to develop and execute a strategy for engaging with customers at scale. You are an expert at distilling client concerns into feedback that translates to engineer, product, and executive teams. You enjoy operating in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment. Your highest priority is ensuring that customer concerns are met and resolved by our team.
- Facilitate the onboarding process
- Proactively consult with existing clients on needs and inquiries
- Build strong, positive relationships with clients
- Participate in user research and training sessions both online and in-person
- Develop strategy and best practices for customer engagement
- Communicate client insights to product, engineering, and sales teams
- 3+ years experience in customer-facing role, preferably at an enterprise SaaS company
- Technical fluency
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Client-obsessed and willing to dig deep to resolve client needs and requests
- Hard-working and team player
Esper is a tech startup modernizing how regulation works in government. We work directly with government partners to analyze policy data and provide workflow tools to make the policymaking process more transparent and data-driven.
Esper is seeking an experienced designer to work cross-functionally across the product, engineering, and marketing teams to deliver design value throughout the product life cycle.
- Take new ideas from concepts to implementation
- Approach design challenges holistically, considering all parts of the experience including copy, animations, UI, business, and legal requirements.
- Iterate on existing products and features to ensure that we are delivering industry-leading brand and UX.
- Collaborate with Marketing to define and bring our brand to life in product and marketing materials
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to build intuitive, elegant solutions.
- Advocate for the unique needs of government users
- Portfolio link with examples of previous work
- 2+ years of designing complex web applications
- Experience designing for broad audiences (understanding of accessibility standards, localization)
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles
- Experience delivering easy-to-use solutions that balance user needs, technical, and business considerations
- Demonstrated skills in refining, maintaining and developing brand standards
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and interest in product strategy and vision
- Fluency in modern design tools and processes with skills in facilitation, research, interaction design and visual design
- Strong leadership skills and ability to achieve results through influence and persuasion
- Experience working on a cross-functional team as the only designer
Sales Development Representative
- Support the CEO and future Account Executives by prospecting and scheduling product demos for our web-based solution.
- Grow business within assigned prospect lists, and expand into ancillary jurisdiction types.
- Rapidly develop special expertise on government administrative and legislative processes, customer pain points, and other key aspects of information.
- Maintain a high volume of daily prospecting calls.
- Share Esper’s products and vision with prospective government partners on the phone and via client demos online and in person
- Advocate for an implementation plan with clients that demonstrates Esper’s possible uses and values for specific clients
- Achieve monthly quotas of scheduled demos and qualified opportunities.
- 2-3 years of experience working on a sales team, ideally within a technology environment.
- Successful sales experience in SaaS B2B, government, finance, budgeting, business intelligence, analytics, performance management, and/or accounting software is ideal
- Sales prospecting and market segmentation experience required
- Passionate about the ability to deliver social benefit through software powering government functions
- Capable of discussing finance and budgeting with key government stakeholders
- Thrive or comfortable in a high-growth environment with possible paths upward
- Strong skills in articulation and presentation for external communications and internal reporting
- Experience with a sales CRM
- Strong references from current or past clients and employers
Don't see a position you're interested in?
Send us an email.